Sunday, January 24, 2010

She missed a perfect opportunity...

I think it is ridiculously funny that I am in my Master's of Education program in Information Technology and I ask Kira for a copy of the paper that she is writing in my Google Docs account. She missed out on a great opportunity to do the typical middle school, "Gosh, don't you know anything. You are so old." Although a virtual beating may ensue. I would have virtually enjoyed the exchange. :) You know, do the whole turn your head to the side so the toddler doesn't see you laugh at something they did that was hilarious but not something you want to promote. It is harder to get them not to notice or to brush it off as they grow in their cognitive ability... imagine that!

2 comments:

  1. It's not ridiculous. It's a major change at how we look at education. As teachers, as Masters in IT, as parents we do not know it all and cannot know it all. Nor will the knowledge of the younger generation be an inclusive subset of our knowledge. There will be an intersection of the knowledge of the two generation, but there will also knowledge exclusive of the other generation. That is the knowledge which we can share and learn from each other. Thank that youngster for sharing that we may learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!! It is my current belief that without reflection there is no growth, or at least minimal growth. I just hope that intersection you talk about has a bridge at the junction because as educators and parents we have the finely detailed job of seeing a path to guide them along and I for one don't think I can do it without the help of others.

    Interconnectedness, that is my mid-class conclusion of the importance of blogging... a seemingly disconnected act that truly invites others into a more intimate connection.

    Thank you for your wisdom, guidance and availability during this winter session. Peace.

    ReplyDelete