Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello all

Hello all,

My name is Airin Hazelwood and this is my first term in my Master's program. It is greatly exciting to me to be participating as a Graduate Teaching Assistant as well as a student in the Education, Info Tech program. Over the last three years I have worked as a 5th and 6th grade blended class teacher and fell in love with technology because of the many wonderful people that I had in my endeavors as a teacher (Professional Learner). My story is very different, but I can make it short. My parents took me out of school after I completed elementary school. When I left home I tried to go back to school but the district was going to put me into the 7th grade at 15 years old and that was obviously not an option. I got my GED instead. About a year and a half later I started my A.A. program and realized how easily I learned and decided on becoming a teacher because I watched myself go through the process of learning that I can learn and believed that I could help others see that in themselves also.

Through my time teaching I saw many things but the most important lesson I took away was that I always had to be learning and growing and changing. That is my philosophy in every area in life. I look forward to working with you all and learning together.

Because the last movie I saw was Star Wars Episode III, I so badly want to sign out by saying, May the Force Be With You.

4 comments:

  1. You've upped the ante, and for that I thank you, but it puts you in the position of being the teacher for the moment. Would you carefully and clearly explain how you included a picture in your blog?

    PS - I love the picture. Did you Photoshop it or did you dress in the costume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more of your postings. Your background sounds quite interesting, and I hope these next few weeks prove as insightful for all of us!

    I feel obligated to leave you with one of my favorite Obi-Wan quotes: "Your eyes can deceive you - don't trust them." As a graphic designer and manipulator of digital images, that one often comes to my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In determining authentic blog and websites, your quote also applies. Things may not be all they seem.

    ReplyDelete