Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Are you holding yourself to the best standard?

http://technologyinclass.com/blog/2009/12/09/teaching-the-unprofessional-profession/

This is an excellent article. I think every teacher should read it and reflect.

~In reflection on work: “that’s someone else’s job. I don’t want to step on any toes.”

How many teachers are too afraid of stepping on toes? That can't be how we approach our jobs or we are sacrificing the children we aim to serve. I have seen it too much. I refuse to be that teacher.

"When I care the work involved is not an issue. I’ll make the time because I’m passionate about it. I’ll work with my administration. Chances are they welcome the input from teachers on how to make staff development more relevant. This takes tact. We don’t want to make their jobs more difficult unnecessarily."

~I hope every teacher has the opportunity to reflect on this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment